Dear God, Please help my black people


I have chosen to lift myself out of this pain and shame of this world. The ancient pain and shame that has taught me that being black is ugly, bad and wrong. I have chosen to look at myself in the mirror and appreciate and love my blackness. By doing so, I have also tried to help others to appreciate their own blackness. However, I have realized I cannot change every black person by myself therefore, I am asking for your help.

God, my black people are very angry, and this anger which comes from many years of pain by this world; has led us to view each other as enemies.  We kill each other, steal from each other; and the one that I detest the most, we envy each other. I cannot seem to understand why as black people, we can never be happy for each other. It seems to be easy for us to condone corruptness and taking the easy route. But in all this, we can never stand side by side and honestly help each other. We will watch from afar as another race takes charge and helps our own brothers and sisters. Then we will go on Facebook and Twitter, and talk about how our black folks are still poor… Well they are still poor because you, my black friend, refuse to help lift them up.

When a white person gives a black person food, a black person continues to have this mentality that a white person will come back again and give him more food. But when a black person gives another black person food, it is more than just food, it is a message that says you can do it too.

Imagine God, if one black person helps another, and the one that was helped, helps another; we will have a big circle of black people helping each other, and ultimately uniting. Wouldn’t that be a beautiful reality?

<Sigh>

Unfortunately, this reality will be hard to come by. My black people suffer from this huge jealousy syndrome that somehow feeds their pride. They just will never ask for help.
They will not ask for help from a black person who is doing well, instead they will have these ideas that this black person who has made it is full themselves. Black people will refuse to ask someone for help because they are afraid of humiliation or seeming weak and broken.
God, if I could talk to my black people, I would ask them this:

Why is it so easy for some of our black sisters to show off their pregnant bellies? Even take Selfies? But difficult to ask a fellow black sister to hook you up with a bursary or a job?
Why is it so easy for some of our black brothers to say ‘let’s go to a tavern’? But a huge laughing stock when a brother prefers to spend his Saturday night at a library?

All these things God, falling pregnant as a teenager (and being proud) or crime, or partying, and envy, are things that we, black people, are not born with. It is not who we are, it is what we choose to do.

But maybe, I am prying and asking for too much.  

Though God, I have taken my first step into helping my black brother and sister:

I have taught my black little sister that she should never stop loving herself.

I have taught my black little sister that it is okay to feel fear, it is not weakness it is strength.

I have taught my black little sister that a girl who dresses differently from you, or treats herself differently is not a bitch just because a man deems her as such.

I have taught my black little sister that rejection at school or work, does not mean she is not good at something.

I have taught my black little sister that, if a man promises her jewelry, gold and money, she should always ask ‘where does love fit into all this’.

I have taught my black little sister that she should not feel pressured by people, especially when it comes to sex or drugs. People who pressure her, do not have her best interest at heart.

I have taught my black little sister that there is value in education and knowledge, she should never be afraid to voice her opinions and views.

I have taught my black little sister that beauty fades and eventually becomes null and void, while brains become more attractive with time.

I have taught my black little sister that babies will never make a man stay, if anything it will only encourage him to seek for something more and challenging out there.

She should take the time to love herself, know what she wants and then find someone who will match her values.  

I have taught my black young brother that it is not power that makes a man, it is respect for himself, and most importantly respect for others.

I have taught my black young brother that he will knock on a lot of doors, many of them will say no, but that is no reason to settle for crime. Keep knocking, eventually one door will have a yes.

I have taught my black young brother that he should never harm a woman, not by fist or even by dishonest intentions.

I have taught my black young brother that rejection by one girl does not mean every other girl will reject him; and when she does reject you refrain from calling her a bitch.

I have taught my black young brother that there is nothing wrong with a suit and tie, as well as eloquence.  

 I have taught my black young brother that Hip Hop is cool, but there is nothing better than having an empire beyond Hip Hop.

I have taught my black little sister and young brother that, I come from a time where a black person helped me up and told me that I can be anything I want to be. But I cannot be afraid to ask for help, because I will never get to where I want to be by myself. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Just as there is nothing wrong with giving people a helping hand.


Always open your hand to the weak, the disadvantaged and the voiceless.

<Smiles>

There is still so much I want to ask you God. But I do not want to burden you. There is one last BIG important thing that I ask for you to provide my black people. Just PEACE!

JUST PEACE OF Mind.

We have struggled for too long. We can no longer look for answers or payback from others. It is time for my black people to unite.





Comments

Anonymous said…
Very powerful. I long to see millions put all this into action. Black will shine even brighter 🙌🏾

Popular posts from this blog

How to dress for a Job Interview

She Remembers it too well